View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMcKay
I fully admit to probably not fully understanding the definition. I almost see it now as a bit of a buzz word now where people just go throwing out this person or that person is a narcissist because they didn't get what they wanted or had a disagreement. I certainly didn't to make you feel marinalized. Anyway.
Oh, I didn't mean to say you didn't get it as i don't know whether you do or not.
I meant that you see this happening a lot, I guess the right word is the one you used, 'buzz word'. That's what it has become.
And for victims of the narcissist -the one with the personality disorder- this makes it even more difficult to be understood. Due to the nature of what someone with NPD does to you as a partner it's extremely hard to explain to someone and be believed. Now that's it's become a buzz word that has gotten even harder.

The narcissism I'm talking about is the disorder, not the buzz word.
I know just how many women mostly -and granted, some men- fall victim to narcissists AND the destruction they're left with.
I'm lucky I got out with my sanity intact and being as strong as I am, and the strong will to want to recover. But it took a long time, and stuff came up in spite of my hard healing work when I was in a new relationship. I realised then there was still more work to do and that maybe I'd never really 100% get rid of it.
Living with a narcissist is hell on Earth, and I don't mean that as just a phrase.