View Single Post
Old 26-09-2021, 12:55 AM
Seeker

Not a Wiccan but here is my opinion.

Hi, I am not a Wiccan but as a syncretic Neo-Pagan who has read a bit about Wiccans and other Neo-Pagans there are no super strict rules so I don't think you need to worry. For example there are a number Wiccans who believe in Diana or synchronize with other pagan religions, from what I know you do not need an orthodoxy within Wicca and the same goes for Neo-Pagans. As I stated I myself am a Neo-Pagan synchronizing Germanic and Slavic deities, I worship some but not all of the deities and it is not improbable that I could worship non but the spirits instead. Also I don't follow all the rituals the exact way ancient Germanic and Slavic people did, sure I have stones and wooden idols but I set them up very different from the source I learned this from so what rituals make sense to you matters more than having approval from others. So you say you believe in the universe? I'm afraid I have no specific answer because so many religions believe in different cosmologies the ancient Slavs for example had Rod the slavic god of society, family, kinship, the universe, and creation and in ancient China you have Taoism where they believe in Tao or "the Way". You have a lot of options
Quote:
Originally Posted by laleyle
Hi I want to follow a natural religion of worshipping nature. I can only believe in one true source of good - the Universe itself - and maybe it can have different parts of it that can be symbolised as gods and godesses but I still believe in only one true source and can only seriously refer to it as such. I tried to follow wicca but I do not understand if you are allowed to believe in one source of good because they say to believe in many gods and godesses and worship them. I do not want to worship them, I want to worship nature as a whole and the infinite Universe and I guess I am not much for rituals. When I do something like a spell I want to do it my way. I do not use circles. I do not use a long list of tools or ingredients, I use my energy and the power of believeing almost like law of attraction with extra steps. It works so I don't know why I should do it any other way because intention is most important to me everything else is extra though I think for example crystals can help. And circle of protection is great but I think its just as valid to just call on protection and maybe visualize yourself in a circle of protection.

So I like wicca but I dont agree with everything, like the threefold law. I dont like it because it does not seem fair to wish harm on someone x 3 for what they did because then you are wishing them extra harm, not just karma but something x 3 worse than what they did.. In my mind that brings bad karma to yourself to do that. /:
And sorry but I dont like how wicca borrows from all religions in terms of gods and goddesses.

I wonder about all the tools necessary. People buy all those things athame, all kinds of crystals, special altar cloths etc.. Its serious that its necessary or is it just to show off ? Serious question. It seems hypocritical for a natural religion. /: And if you cant afford it you are not welcome ? If I find any nice branch I want as wiccan wand, it is not valid..?

It is very hard to find info... I like wicca but some aspects not so much. Is there some religion similar or is it valid to follow wicca as I would wish?? If I came across a coven someday would they accept me...?