View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 11:07 PM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Wow, happy to hear I inspired you!
It makes a helluva difference as at least you don't have that horrible nicotine dip the first 3 days so you can focus on the rest of the addiction.
The first couple of days I made sure I had something to put in my mouth, a pencil, pen, whatever. You can also use straws, cut them cig length, use one until a craving has gone, then put it in the ashtray, or bin.
But since I didn't have straws available then I put a pen or pencil in my mouth. It did help.

And yeah, hanging in there. Three months until the oral craving part has gone. Fingers crossed, and for you too.
Go for it!!

I find myself going outside and lighting a cig to think of a reply.: p

A part of me didn't mind that nicotine dip,as i could feel the nicotine coming off the receptors.

Rather prominent sensation on the frontal lobe/third eye.

What i didn't like,was that feeling of being on edge.

Got easier though,each time i quit.

But this time round,i've left it too long in between relapses.

I generally tend to think,for myself anyway,that i have to reach a point,where i'm fed up with smoking and it doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

Aka full circle.

Just like my other addictions have run there course and lost there flavor.

I also find,there is more to learn about myself from quitting and relapsing.

Anyhow,i'll give these patches a crack,gotta make sure i'm in the right head space too.

Drinking is another vice i'm trying to quit too.

Recently relapsed due to sleeping issues,which was odd.

Anyhow,i plan to nip both in the bud.

Well,that's been the ongoing plan anyway.

Re:Pen,pencil,straw,i never had that problem where i needed something in my hands and or in my mouth,but that said,my last attempt to quit,i bought and planned to use celery,whenever i felt like a smoke.

When i have quit in the past,i go all out and eat more healthier,than i do now.

Perhaps that's something you could turn your attention to in regards to your worry about gaining weight.

Anywho,i'll report back when i get the patches and if they were helpful or not.