View Single Post
Old 19-03-2021, 10:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Shiva Panchakshari (five syllables) Mantra

ॐ नमः शिवाय

TRANSLITERATION:* "Om Namah Shivaya"

TRANSLATION: I bow down to Shiva. Shiva is the supreme reality and the inner Self. The name is given to the consciousness that dwells in all of us.

PURPOSE OF MANTRA: Wealth, money, prosperity, health

* A Transliteration is how the word is pronounced phonetically using English letters.

'Om Namah Shivaya' is considered the most powerful mantra in Hinduism.

It was the favourite mantra of the Avatar Rama.

It is considered to remove negative energy and infuse positive energies in the one who chants.

An elderly friend of mine told me that as a child he used to suffer from persistent nightmares. Upon discussing this with his grandmother, she advised him to chant the 'Om Namah Shivaya' mantra before sleeping.

Upon commencing this practice then till now, he stated that he had never suffered from nightmares after that.

It is possible that it is all sorts of inauspicious and negative energies that results in us having nightmares or negative incidents. Chanting this mantra possibly helps to get rid off much of these inauspicious energies and bring forth auspiciousness and positivity.

https://www.artofliving.org/in-en/cu...-shivay-mantra

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon