View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 07:21 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Hii AbodhiSky,

Yes agreeing with that desires get a bad rep. I hope I can figure out somewhat in this thread about what to do with it

i would not worry about any desires or sensual pleasures that do not harm others or ourselves. pleasure is not a "sin" or wrong.

you know it's like enjoying donuts. nothing wrong with that. but then imagine someone starts eating nothing but donuts, then they get sick, so then they are harming themselves which is wrong. as long we don't harm ourselves or others, it's fine.

i knew one master who had ice cream every afternoon. he really loved ice cream.

there are a few people here and there who are anti-pleasure as a philosophy, ascetics right, people who believe in denial of pleasure, buddha tried the ascetic life and said that was not the way to peace or spirituality.

i don't think any sensual pleasure is bad or wrong in itself. they are gifts from god. but any pleasure can be made bad if it involves harming others or ourselves.

everything in moderation. sometimes one can get too addicted to a certain pleasure and in that case, one should not do it so often. if one does things too often, it can harm one physically or mentally.