View Single Post
Old 23-06-2022, 01:14 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurab
A possible refutation to what I wrote is that for some people the body and mind follow the atman all the time 100%, so they are perfect instruments of the divine, and hence they body and mind is not responsible for anything that it may think or do. Then there is no sense of doership.
Yes as in “One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction, is intelligent among men, and he is in the transcendental position, although engaged in all sorts of activities.” (Bhagavad Gita 4.18)

Karma Yoga provides two main ways to practice this concept: 1 - Work for God (Bahkti based); 2 -Work as Witness (Jnana based). Since I'm drawn more to Jnana I take approach #2 and that dovetails nicely with effortless meditation techniques which also dovetails well with Jnana Yoga from the Advaita perspective. There's a method to my madness. LOL!

One way I approach it is like mindfulness meditation. There's formal practice (sitting) and informal practice throughout the day. Work as Witness is something that can be practiced all the time, or at least when one remembers. For me it's exactly the same as letting go of doership while sitting. They are mutually reinforcing practices and are grounded in Jnana.