View Single Post
Old 22-06-2022, 03:36 PM
Master
I’d like to present my personal view on this -

Without stressing on definitions, labels and interpretations, based on the gradual shifts within, of our innate aliveness, I’ll say, yes, it is indeed possible to abide in thought rested stillness, not only in meditation but in fact, as our ever present orientation.

Initially, what is called as meditation, is actually concentration. We focus on an object, real or abstract, doesn’t matter, a candle, a mantra, the breath perhaps ~ the common link is it’s repetitive nature. We may attain a hypnotic rhythm maybe, with a soothing, calming effect of well being. But it’s all concentration. There’s a subject and an object.

The transition from concentration (doer-centric) to meditation (void-centric) requires release, surrender, a letting go of mind-body impulse. Attention is poised, peaked, animated in vibrant is-ness of the linear time continuum, effortlessly and agendalessly, in an aspect of embrace and release, automatically. This requires our melding with, merging with, the omnipresent life current, which we need not label, although if the urge is compelling, we can call it Holy Spirit or kundalini or Chi or whatever.

The thinking process, which is important for our functioning in the external world is relegated to its position as an instrument of our being* (*I’m refraining from using terms like consciousness or awareness, since the idea is to cognise rather than debate). The instrument is used when needed, not otherwise.

Our presence accepts occupation of mind-body and the limitations imposed to feel earth life contrast fully. However, it also recognises it’s self-illumined boundaryless essence as a given, of what it is, of what we are.

So yes, we are in thought rested aliveness humming potentiality, connected with universal wisdom-mind singularity and also simultaneously experiencing duality through the body vessel, which too we are, for the moment.

There is no contradiction. We are where our attention is at. Our emptiness is vivified by bliss and peace, spacial and dimensionless, as an attribute in permanence. Likewise, we oscillate too, descending into stupor, into trance, to feel fully, the dance of polarities.