View Single Post
Old 19-06-2021, 11:41 AM
Well, first there is no 'religion' of new age ideas

Hi, I believe this New Age 'thing' is misunderstood.
I mean just for one thing to call it a 'religion', is wacky.

Sure, swamis, yogis, gurus came to the West in the late 1800s - 1920...and later.
Sure Thomas Merton found a bridge between the East and the West.
(Catholic Trappist monk, theologian, d.1968, EX: ''Spiritual Direction and Meditation'', The Inner Experience'',''Mystics- Zen Master", 1967...)
Gosh, then, to me, it all began with the *New Thought Movement again late 1800s.
(Is that considered New?)
You have the Christian Scientist Church and Mary Baker Eddy that influenced Unity Church, Ernest Holmes' Science of Mind ...and it goes on.

Abraham-Hicks along with ALL of these 'New Age' type thinkers are
just growing from the seed planted by Jesus Christ.
Ask, believe and receive - allow the idea that we can grow up out of or past the burden
that we are sinners and realize the inheritance we have as children of God -
in whatever concept you hold of this Spiritual Being/Creator.

And meditation? Is simply Being Still from the Old Testament - Psalm 46.
(Thus, going within seeking the Kingdom of God or Heaven.)

The so-called concept/label of some new age stuff is not new, at all.
It is just an awakening to who we are.
If you want to consider that a basic idea of new age stuff - that would be a good basic start...also breaking away from organized rules and ceremonies set by Church Elders...
not a popular notion if you ask Meister Eckhart, Catholic priest, mystic, b. 1200s.

The so-called New Age movement has been as mocked and misunderstood as the AMA doctors maligned
Chiropractic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru