View Single Post
Old 27-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Master
Smile

Quote:
I'm just saying... I'm like you, I think its a pipe dream too (half the time). The other half the time, science and everything is moving towards something like that..if not immortal GREATLY expanded lifetimes. People used to only live half what we live now--sanitation for one thing helped really extend peoples lives. And those of us lucky enough to live twice as long as they did... have found we can have more than one career if we like in a lifetime (an option they probably didn't have too often) and take up new passions (art or music or something that couldn't be done when children were being raised) and a lot turn to spirituality and really get in touch with it. With increased lifespan is also greatly increased opportunities to evolve/grow ourselves.

This brings to mind the bit in the Bible (Revelations??) about '...men will find no relief when they discover they cannot die,' words to that effect, in other words, the tinkering with the dna and so on, may be bringing about a world in which man cannot die and that they will want to, for some reason (gee, I wonder...). So, it sounds like man (maybe not women?) will want to die because of their shame and guilt that they suffer psychologicall/spiritually? but there's nowhere to hide and that's why they 'chose'? to die all this time? Pardon my ramblings.