View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny shine
I have heard this several times that we come here to learn what we have not learned in other lives; so a person reincarnates again and again to learn lessons, and they keep repeating life after life if i do not learn, for example to learn about compassion i face many situations and circumstances, but if i dont learn, when i die and reincarnate again i will be put in circumstances where i need to learn them..

well my question is how do i find what is that i need to learn, i do face many situations at work, at home everyday i face many challenges big, small, they all are very different, how do i know what lesson i learnt or not?

I know the idea is quite popular but I've never been an exponent of lessons. If Spirit has access to all the knowledge possible then what is there to learn? To me, it's all about experience because you can never experience anything from any other being no matter how in tune you are. Two people can have this deep, telepathic link but getting on that rollercoaster isn't something you can experience via someone else. If you look at the lessons from an argument, you know pretty much what will happen. Someone is going to be with you, someone is going to be against and someone else will sit on the fence. When it's all over it's either kiss and make up or hate each other. What else is there to know? The question is, how does that feel? That can only be experienced by you personally.

We are different people from day-today, sometimes minute-to-minute. You'll come on these boards and someone will write something that puts a light bulb on in your head - you're changed. You've also had this experience before so why are you back here again? Because you've had this experience before you've changed since the last time you were here. You have that experience under your belt now which you didn't have before, so your whole perception of the situation has changed. Plus, of course, everything that has happened in between. The 'you' that had the original experience isn't the 'you' that's having it now. You're coming at it from a different perspective - spirals not circles. And when the experience is over you know you've been there, don't you? And isn't the best way to learn something to experience it?