View Single Post
Old 23-09-2006, 01:56 AM
rose

hi honza

i used to smoke and gave up so many times before i stopped completely. i became a vegetarian at 13 and tried to eat meat again a few times in my early 20's but out of habit just went back to being vege each time.

the longer i went without cigarettes the worse they tasted when i gave in and had them again...eventually i went off them.

i would say...don't be hard on yourself. sometimes we go to the other extreme and become a "body fascist" instead. how many ex smokers have you met who are "born again" and so anti it's ludicrous? i've met many LOL. the higher the pedestal you create for yourself and your standards, the harder you fall. so that's where binging becomes a problem.

just start small. go with your body if it craves them but ease it off the meat and ciggies. your body prefers to be without toxins so it will adjust in time the less and less you put toxins into it. then it will go towards the healthy options.

try and not eat meat for a few days. don't be hard on yourself if you eat some steak after. try another few meatless days after. keep trying calmly. pick yourself up and dust yourself off and start again.

remember to substitute the protein well like with protein shakes, legumes, tofu etc...other wise it will be harder to say no to meat because the body is craving protein. it will make you crave the main kind it knows if your deprive it.

my weakness is carbs...and loads of them. my body lets me know when i need to cleanse it though. the healthier our bodies get, the easier it is to turn away from the junk. i ease more veges and fruit into my diet so it leaves less room for bread etc and cheese (mmmm....cheese)exercise...especially walking is so important as well. it clears so much.

good luck...you'll do it. you'll be a good influence on your partner also. small changes are better than none at all.

Last edited by rose : 23-09-2006 at 02:03 AM.