View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabhi4011
Which one is the Fastest way to reach the Godliness state...
Whether we reach it thu the bhakti karma or by the jnana yoga...
Please post ur views
Hiya, Hia,
Well, you certainly know how to start a thread!!!

If I look at your question carefully it is very thoughtful and serious.
Indeed, there are "faster" ways to reach a state of Godliness.
Now, I would never say I knew the fastEST. LOL

But, all here might agree -living a life of crime compared to living according to the Golden Rule and praying, etc...would be fastER.
I don't need to split hairs. You get my point, I'm sure.
Others can debate this if they'd like...this is a belief of mine and I could be wrong.

Since you brought up bhakti and jnana yoga - you are thinking along the lines of Union and a method, no?

Naturally, part of the equation is desire, sincerity, focus, one-pointedness, etc...which would be different for each individual, right?
(Then there is out and out Grace.)

If I personally were to chose for myself I would chose Raja Yoga ---Swami Saychitananda said it was like an escalator to ....let's see, did he say God or heaven - I can't recall now.

I would say if you are thinking along the lines of Yoga - they don't call Raja Yoga, Raja for nothing.
Right Shabda? Shabda?

There's alot more that can be said naturally, living a life of focusing on the techniques of Raja Yoga and living a life like Jesus said to in every single detail as a true devotee would and should -giving their will to God...doing only God's Will.
Because I believe you're talking about being here on earth now ---not like some think - of Union with God after death?

Then there's the question of cloistered monastic life while doing meditation and living as Jesus said.

There's alot to discuss.
Great start Hia!
With respect,
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru