View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
There is a beaut of an exercise just using a chair. To need a dining-type chair with an upright back. The exercise is simple. Sit down with legs straight, then just stand up [without the use of the arms], then sit down [no arms again] then stand ,etc. Works mostly on the abdominals and legs obviously It is progressive, building up the number of repeats as you gain strength.
After heart surgery 12 years ago, I went to exercise rehab and this was part of the programme. Try it yourself !

Thanks norseman for this. It is more strenuous than doing it at the counter. I got my Mom to do it, but she needs the arms right now. She could only do 3 the day we started, yesterday she did 10. It has finally sunk in that movement is beneficial to her! Now, we'll see how cooperative she is when I cut her pain med to one a day( I'm not telling her). I don't think she'll notice any difference.