View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kislany
Just a bit OT, but since I started mentioning Inception - I think why it really stuck on my mind was that around the time I watched it I was heavily into astral projection and lucid dreaming. That was actually the reason I watch the movie in the first place and
I like your ability to self observe to reach this insight.
And it makes sense, the connection between your feelings of the movie and your real life experiences.
Quote:
while, of course, the movie is a Hollywood production (need I say more?),
Well, Hollywood is not a conscious entity.
Hollywood is the term used to describe many of creative individuals.
Sometimes, acording to personal preference, "Hollywood" makes a good movie, sometimes bad.
I watch a lot of indie movies, and even there, some i like and some i do not.
Granted, maybe, and i say maybe because i have never run the numbers, but maybe "Hollywood" produces more bad than good.
I have about 150 DVDs on shelf at the moment, maybe 100 more in DVD folders.
I quick glance and 50% of them are "Hollywood" films.

Quote:
there were aspects of it that just made sense and resonated with me very strongly.
In accordance with your insight you discovered about yourself, i can see why.
Each person is having a unique experience, a unique perception of the world, each having personal preferences...movies are just one example of one person liking it and another not.

Quote:
I guess in a way some thing we watch vibrates more or less with the place we're in at the time.Inception - lucid dreaming. TAbureau - different worlds opening through different doors, fate, destiny, etc.
~smiles~ Agreed.
Quote:
Having said that I will watch TAB again with fresh eyes after having read this entire thread.
if you read the entire thread, if you haven't already, most people had unique interpetations of what TAB was saying.
One of the many remarkable things about being a human is the ability to see the same with fresh eyes, the miracle of seeing something new in something already seen.