Thread: Save Our Bees
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Thanks for posting this on your fb and I understand your reservations necta I somehow doubt that it would be the same kind/group of scientists that caused the problem though that Friends Of The Earth were involved with....they're a savvy bunch. (I used to co-ordinate a local FoE group). Anyway something is better than nothing I guess! In the absence of anything better....

Yeah, I remember hearing about a mite causing their decline. Also that this was not the only reason though....e.g. also there's a pesticides link....enter GM technology (ugh!) - see above post #3.

i agree that friends of the earth are savvy..

.But the Government needs to act too. Please adopt a National Bee Action Plan to ensure that the way we farm our food and plan our towns and cities gets bees back on track. The Government must also have the right experts in place to protect our most threatened species.

i suppose it depends on what the right experts means...no doubt f o e would have a better idea for that. i don't think that the mite is the problem...but decreased immunity caused by such factors as you point to like pestcides and gmo's. stopping pesticides is gonna be a tricky one but i reckon sooner or later (later more likely) it will have to happen.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."