View Single Post
Old 23-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
well, if Christianity isn't a religion then no Christian church should be getting tax exemption.

IQ - Yes, that is something that I don't agree with. I live out in the country and a church bought 20 acres and plopped a church in the middle of the 20 acres in a pristine nature setting next to our property. We pay a lot of taxes to live where we do, but they are tax exempt for 20 acres! Deer, hawks, red-wing black birds loved the field boarding the church that had brush and small trees on it, until last week they brought in heavy equipment and bulldozed over all of it until it was flat. There is a line of trees between our property that is close to the property line that animals line in. I called up the church and said, "I live next to your property and was just inquiring as to why you're mowing over all the small trees and brush near the property line." She said (quote) "It's our property and we're cleaning up along OUR property." I said, "Well there are a lot of animals that live in those small trees and brush along there that will be effected." She repeated herself. "It's our property." I said, "So there is no explanation - thank you." I enjoy more animals in my yard now, but it's sad that they moved into a country setting and didn't have respect for the natural surroundings including God's animals. OK, thanks for letting me rant.

Blackraven