View Single Post
Old 29-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron
part 9

Golden Key Number 9--The Suffering Of One Is The Suffering Of All This golden key has been a major focus for me in the development of compassion. My studies of Buddhism and my devotion to Quan Yin and the Virgin Mary have greatly inspired me in this regard. I learned to really understand that other people's suffering is, in truth, my suffering. The suffering of animals and plants is my suffering. We do not need to take on the suffering of others so that it is debilitating, but we can have the utmost compassion for the suffering of others. I consider compassion to be one of the most important Christ/Buddha qualities a person can develop.

Mikron, very nice posts.
I'm commenting on this one and on #10, the oneness of all. The collective consciousness is the way in which we access the divine...we plug into akasha...which itself has emanated from the divine source.

A critical aspect of compassion and awareness of the unity is taking responsibility for our own actions and to the degree that we are engaged, for the collective as well. We are the individual minds and we as one are the collective. We are responsible for mirroring our thoughts and actions to ourselves and to one another. If you intend me harm, it is your responsibility to be aware of that, to check it, address the lack, and turn toward the light. It is also my responsibility to hold up the mirror and say I am aware of your intention...make it right and all is forgiven...and it is also the responsiblity of others, of the collective, to do the same.

Until all are on the same wavelength and the same level of consciousness where wrong intent and wrong action are not used to address lack and fear, we must be responsible for the elevation of one another, and for the prevention of harm. Because at the very beginning, one must seek to do no harm (to self and others) and then, from there, greater intentions and acts can and will follow if one makes conscious choices to right thought and right action.

Many feel that it's by saying to those engaged in wrong intent and wrong action desist from harm and do not raise a hand against your brother, and yet, this is what we must do. To use refs from the Zohar, there are two aspects of the divine presence that must be present in balance in order to yield mercy/ (tiferet)...and these are judgment (gevurah) and lovingkindess (chesed), also known as might/fear of God/awe and love/compassion.

I'll probably post this in another thread too...but I feel we collectively need to begin to address this balance...and I say that with great compassion...but just as a child doesn't fully understand what he does, still the adults cannot let him hit his playmates, turn over the baby's crib, or kick the dog.