View Single Post
Old 24-10-2010, 01:33 AM
Administrator
Hello

BABY STEPS. It takes time. It takes patients and it takes SELF understanding that ye are the one that leads the changes.

For self esteme the thing that so helped me was taking a public speaking course. I chose Toast Master's . In being able to get up and be handed a topic that one has NEVER seen and speak for 5 minutes on it gives one that confidence that NO ONE can ever take away.

The outside body at times is harder. We at times have to embrace that what is on the INSIDE of that body efffects greatly how the outside looks .

I am 6 foot tall that is way above average for a woman. I will never be petit but at one time I sure tried. The Dr. told me that helped to define some of the body issues I now have in me late 40's . In taking off TOO much body fat the body wants to put it back on BUT not where one wants it.

I went too far the other way. I ballooned out over 300 lbs and I could not even walk me chid to school without having to SIT and rest. That was a wake up call to SLOWLY take it off. Been two year's now am I where I SEE me wanting to be NO. I am though where I am healthy all the Dr tests show that.

I can look in the mirror and GO I dont really overy care for the image here BUT I embrace that I am in good health and that is all that matters for me kids.

I have recently taken up public speaking again too.

Lynn