Thread: Global Warming
View Single Post
Old 25-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjoorka
Also I heard that if enough of the Ice up north melt it actually would start an "ice age" by cooling the golf stream (think this is the right name) so Europe won't get its supply of warm water during the winter.

I think Lomborg is interesting because he do not discuss global warming and just say there exist more imediate problems on Earth than climate change such as poverty. He also say (if I remember right) with just a fraction of the money used on the global warming issue we could actually solve some of these issues and much faster. I also think the key word is adaption and poor people/nations is not as adaptive as the rich.

See, at least thats thinking. A bit flawed IMO though...

large amounts of fresh water can, and have changed the flow of water from the equator up to europe. But, the temps europe has, arent really "normal" either. If it gets warmer, the warming effect may balance out the effect of the lack of airflow.

Also, Peoverty and all that have always been prevalent, and have not been solved. Why not take some money out of the TRILLIONS spent on the US defence budget other then programs that are trying to understand our future, and our part in it.

Yes adaptation is the key, but povertry is evidence of more then a climte phemonimon, that is more of a social problem.