View Single Post
Old 18-01-2012, 05:17 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I have a deep faith in Spiritualism and the fact that when we die,we leave our mortal bodies and depart for another dimension.
I'm calling the spirit world a 'dimension' because I think that's all it is.
I am not even sure of the fact of reincarnation any more.
I could go into that subject but would be off topic.

Spiritualism is becoming very over rated these days.
The subject is rife wherever we go,who ever we talk to.
Facts are given out,discussed till the subject is threadbare.
But still no actual proof is forthcoming.
We are fed on events from the past constantly until I feel I am living in the past.
Not in the present,where my body and mind should be.
We are constantly fed on quotes from mediums from past times until I feel choked with them.
Now is the time to open recent events showing proof that spirit do exist.
Where is that proof?
Deepsea

The biggest problem is this idea that "proof" is necessary. Spirituality is an experience, and experiences are 100% subjective; ya can't prove 'em. Sadly, the Internet is the realm of the young, and the young are far more interested in the shiny baubles and drama of spirituality (soulmates, tantra, kundalini, energy play, "evil" spirits, etc.) than in the slow, steady work of the evolution of self. So Cyberspace tends to have 10x as much info on candle rituals and attracting your "twinflame" than on deep, meaningful spiritual ideas.

So what does that mean for us seekers? That which we do not find we must create. That means slogging away at our ideas and trusting All That Is to draw others of like mind to us. Slow and boring, I know, but worthwhile, IMHO.

CS