View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri
I believe when Jesus was here He was not teaching a religion. Man turned His teachings into a religion. He taught how we should live, what would be in our best interest to do if we wanted to live a happy, joyful, prosperous and abundant life overcoming all difficulties. He was a teacher then became a savior because He taught us how to think right. He saved us from our limited wrong thinking. When are we going to start doing the things He taught? He said the things that I do you shall do also. He said follow me, which means doing what He taught and demonstrated. Yes, love is the underlying motive of what He taught and did. Most christian teachings that I have heard teach that you can't do what Jesus did, that it is just an ideal. How crazy is that? It seems to me that we have to do the things He taught, demonstrate love if we are calling ourselved christians. Would'nt it be a waste of time to go to school, learn from your teachers, graduate then never do what you were taught? Believing it was just an ideal, existing only in idea. I think we need to stop seeing what Jesus taught as a religion and start seeing it as a way of life. We have to start walking the talk. Religion is so competitive and self seeking. What Jesus taught is for everyone. It is up to us what we do with His teaching. To be a true believer is to believe what He taught and do it.

Hear hear. Very good.