View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 02:25 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Enjoy your coffee in moderation, guilt free.

Just what a dedicated coffee drinker wants to hear!

But what has to also be looked into is with the way in which the coffee's prepared.
The stuff that we put in our coffee can make quite a difference...

Concentrated sweeteners, artificial sweeteners, questionable chocolate (check out the back label on Hershey's syrup... you almost can't find the
chocolate!), dairy is acidic as well and leaches calcium from our teeth and bones, while most dry creamers out there are bound to be messy!

There's the coffee and then there's the things we put in it... each would require a separate study in itself. :^)

Slowly over time I have altered my approach to coffee to try and make it as pure and as painless as possible... We now only use Stevia for a
sweetener, we just switched to organic Almond milk, and have been using organic powdered chocolate (bought from the bins at the health food
store, and Dutch chocolate at that..yummy..! :^) For coffee we're using free-trade organics, and any flavorings beyond that are clean and organic as well.

About the only way they could have done a clean testing of coffee is if everyone drank it black, unaltered from the pot... yuck! I wouldn't have
lasted that test for more than a day or two! :^)