View Single Post
Old 29-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckstar
Im at a real crossroads at the moment, i really dont know what to think. I believe in spirits, hauntings, ghosts and i also believe in other beings not of our planet. I was told recently by a lady i know who is deeply religeous that there are no spirits or ghosts and if someone claims to have seen a ghost then what they really saw was a demon, i found this really hard to take as im not a believer in god, jesus or the bible but perhaps that they go hand in hand, can there be spirits without a god? I would love all your opinions.

I find this intriguing as the answer this religious person gave you seems to be a contradiction of itself. She claims there are no ghosts or spirits but then says there is demons. What would that make a demon? A human since there are no spirits or ghosts..

Saying there is no ghosts for a religious person kind of is confusing since they talk of the holy ghost which is, a spirit.

To answer your question can you believe in spirits and not of God? I suppose that is up to the person. No one can tell you what to believe. If you believe in ghost and no god then that is fine.

I know of some that do just that. Though they usually have a belief of source.