View Single Post
Old 16-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Does anyone know why this happens?

This is a bit personal so I hope no one minds. I wanted to ask about this as I'm confused about why it happens. I have lucid dreams quite often, where I'm aware of being in bed but I'm also dreaming and I can control what is happening. I also get this loud buzzing/humming in my ears, like a strong wind. Anyway, nearly always I end up getting very aroused in these types of dreams, and it seems to be the fact my body is paralysed that causes the arousal. I'm not always even dreaming about sex, although sometimes if I'm in complete control of the dream I head it in that direction It just seems to be the actual feeling of being unable to move and also being deeply asleep (but wakeful awareness of being asleep) that causes it. Does this happen to anyone else and anyone know why this happens? I'm not sure it's the dream content that's causing it, it seems to be to do with the reaction to my body's state, or my sleep cycle

If anyone could shed some light on this I would be grateful, and hope it wasn't too personal

Edited one word to tone down the heat. SF Staff

Last edited by tiltjlp : 16-04-2007 at 08:41 AM.