View Single Post
Old 22-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Time

Tip - Your english is better then most people i talk to, that SPEAK english. Youll learn lots ( please my typing sucks, dont use me as an example LOL)

Your post, is pretty much smack dab where I am. Except I eat meat. But i definetly share your sentiments on "oldschool farming" as opposed to "capitalist farming". How would it really be cruel to kill something you grew yourself ( aside form the "oh it has a face thing"), to me it would make me feel better knowing that the animals life was good, and that nothing was wasted in its death.

I think your right too, it sint meat vs plants, its about respecting natures abundance, NOT wasting it. The average america throws away 40% of all food bought. Thats produce and meat. How is that respecting? That means for every 100 000 cows eaten, depending on how you look at it, at least 10 000 cows are wated, just because we waste so much.

The same goes with plants. Most people, dont compost, they throw them out. Even farmers, all they want is "perfect" produce, becasue most people dont want to see a blemish on their lemon, or forked carrots...