Thread: Earth Day
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2024, 04:43 AM
Master

I just do not believe that human beings were meant to be on this plant, as a species, forever. Just about every major religion, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc., talks about end times or the coming of a messianic character. Those assertions for me are possible and I do not know if extreme climate change has anything to do with that.

The dinosaurs were here and they were destroyed by an Earth calamity, and there are lots of past human civilizations which have also been destroyed, the Aztecs, Mayans, etc. and while these were by human conquest, places like the city of Pompeii was buried by volcanic ash killing about 16,000 people.

Given the advancement of nuclear weapons and the wars which ravage our world, coupled with global climate change, floods, wildfires, etc. calamity for the human race seems all but certain. Yes, all we can do is take care of our own self and try to live taking care of the Earth. No worries, what is going to happen is going to happen; all we can truly be certain of is the moment. I grow six different vegetables and have a pear tree in my backyard. It sure saves on my grocery bill.