View Single Post
Old 06-04-2024, 07:26 PM
Master

A Zen Buddhist koan:
”It is better to see yourself clearly than to be concerned about how others see you.”

Self-mastery is an art and a science, which includes among many other things self-love. It also involves forming a conscious relationship with the various components of yourself.

Know Thyself has been the cornerstone of my spiritual practice for many decades. It would be difficult to conquer or master our being without knowing what it is we wish to master. Is it our thoughts and emotions, our relationships with others, our lifestyle, etc. It is my experience that when we gain even a little self-mastery our outer life follows and falls into place.

We have a conversation going on in our head, often called our internal dialogue, and what we tell ourselves has more power over us than what we may hear from others. Yet control is an illusion. Self-mastery occurs when we are aligned with the divine. We conquer ourselves when we surrender and align all of our subtle bodies, a fine tuning takes place. In my opinion it has to be more than words or what we may think.