View Single Post
Old 28-02-2024, 12:55 PM
Master

Eagles live in my country, I see them at times at the family's cabin and they are majestic. So does many other birds. Totems and other Native American words and concepts came into my life with 'Silver Arrow', a comic book featuring the wild west as seen from the NA side, and other wild west books like Tex Willer. Hey, I was six, I read what was bought for me and this was many decades before anime, DC and Marvel overflowed the shelves.

Comics aside, my country has had a number of very good wilderness writers that told stories as the animals experienced them. Those were the first books available to me after comic books. And I was an avid reader of Jack London too.

Incidentally, and probably as a result of this thread, I dreamed of an eagle last night. I was walking through a forested area, passed by a derelict hut and heard an unexpected sound from the second floor. There I found an eagle, it was tangled into a discarded net. I freed it but it didn't fly away.

By the way, your links dont work. "Direct image access denied, please go to worthpoint.com to view images."