View Single Post
Old 26-02-2024, 12:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
WhiteWarrior

May I ask – where did you first learn about this? What prompted you?

Hm. Good question. I have been on a conscious spiritual path for a little more than a decade. During that time I have met several spiritual people of various branches of faith, including on this forum, who kindly let me ask very many questions and helped me understand concepts and try things. I consider them my teachers. Before that there were little moments and experiences that I didn't see as significant at the time. I recall some time when I was a child, maybe 6 or 7, when I would lie awake in my bed in the darkness constructing houses and ships piece by piece from energy and turning them around to study them. A decade later I could lie in bed and travel in my mind along well known roads stretch by stretch to some destination. I didn't think this was unusual at the time.

I never read much spiritual stuff. Oh, I have a number of books, but back when I read them I didn't think I was ever going to do anything like that myself. There was however one line that has stuck with me. I don't recollect from where. That shamans often found their calling after a drastic, lifechanging event. I certainly had that, just a few years before I started my conscious path, when I lost my health and much else that mattered to me then.