View Single Post
Old 06-02-2024, 08:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
he used physical water to turn into wine,
That story sure is interesting to me. I have so many questions.

I think if everyone did not grow up with the story of a God making alcohol so people could drink at a wedding they might find it odd lol. Alcohol makes you drunk which typically would be unspiritual behavior. Why supply such a thing? God's powers can make alcohol? Beer also? They ran out of wine... I would have said too bad! Don't drink so much! The spiritual point of a wedding I don't think is to drink a lot. I've never seen alcohol at the spiritual weddings I have gone to.

Also Jesus sure made a lot of wine. Twenty to thirty gallons in each jar. Is like 120 gallons of wine normal?

John 2:1-11
New International Version
Jesus’ mother said to Jesus, “They have no more wine.” 4 “Woman, why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

I wonder why was Jesus's mother so concerned they ran out of wine? Did she drink?

5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

Doesn't one have to be rich to have servants? So wine was being provided to rich people? Why would the servants answer to Mary's orders? Were they Mary's servants?

6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.

7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim.

Could the whole story be a metaphor? Did they drink wine instead of water in those days? That many gallons seems excessive to me. I wonder how many were at this wedding to need, assuming 4 jars, about 100 gallons of alcohol.