View Single Post
Old 06-02-2024, 03:22 AM
Master

I would suggest first practicing on yourself before trying to read other people’s cards. One of the methods I learned was using the cards for my own spiritual development and then, for me, years later reading other people’s cards.

Tarot is a prayer and a meditation; in my opinion we should handle Tarot Cards as we might handle The Bible or some other sacred text. The prayer in tarot is asking a focused question, the meditation is what is called “reading the cards.” Reading the cards means interpreting what the cards you have laid out mean. A spread is a particular layout of the cards.

There are one card spreads, three card spreads, and so forth, there is a 30-card spread for looking at the year head. The most famous spread is the Celtic Cross spread which is a ten card spread. In the beginning take months or years to learn tarot spreads but as you advance you do not have to use or follow any spreads. Throwing out the cards means laying them out after asking a question.

A simple layout is one card, start with that; ask a question and lay out one card; it may or may not give an accurate response because you have a new deck and are just beginning to form a relationship with your deck. The thing about tarot is putting the time in with it and learning the imagery. Start slowly; don’t rush it.

I am hoping that others here on this forum will share basics on what they have learned from tarot. I do not want to make this thread only about me and my knowledge. Also other beginners can chime in with their questions. This can be a very rich sharing if ego is not involved. So I extend an invitation to those who have used the tarot for some time to share their basic knowledge on it from their perspective.

Last edited by Native spirit : 07-02-2024 at 11:44 AM.