View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 12:00 PM
Knower
How dark or evil do your dreams get?

I sometimes experience great darkness and evil in my dreams.

For example, last night, I dreamt about reading a book, which turned into witnessing a scene in which a mob of beings (not sure if they were people) violently crushed another group of beings. This violence was not passionate or explosive, it was more like a calculated and purposeful crushing. And it was more than "just" violence, it was evil in a way that is hard to describe (*), and really disgusting to watch (soon after, I averted my eyes, though instinctively I always have the sense that I'm not supposed to avert them).

Of course, it worries me to have such experiences in my own mind. I'm not saying the experience necessarily comes from my mind, but just that it somehow took place within my mind, even if its source or inspiration perhaps came - I hope! - from outside of my mind. In general I feel sane, but having such dreams feels quite unhealthy. So I was wondering if other people also experience these very evil scenes in their dreams, and what you make of these?

(*) It was like the violence was a manifestation of a deep underlying evil, rather than "this is really evil" being the conclusion you would reach when watching this violent scene. For example, one of these violent beings was crushing his own skull with a big stone, which didn't seem to bother that being, as it was merely acting out its demonic nature.