View Single Post
Old 29-10-2023, 08:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
In direct experience, would you say that a this or that practice, is a sufficient cause of spiritual growth
without an actual shift of consciousness in thought, word and deed, moment to moment, in lived reality?

What in your view, is the actual determinant?

I think all life experiences are opportunities to notice you in there, but also too, there are those who have spontaneous awakenings that shift them quite profoundly without effort or seeking.

Perhaps there is a balance reached for some, whereby the door opens most naturally.

I don’t believe shifts happen in any order or way. The way and order often reflects the readiness and balance within perhaps? The choices and meeting points another - Cause and affects.

I was in discussion most naturally with a co worker and the conversation moved into many streams of her life through my curiousity and openness to engage. What ensued was a major shift for her in such a profound way. Five mins prior she wasn’t aware at all. Not only did it bring awareness, she opened to feel, develop a tool and dropped an addiction. According to her, a few days later, she wondered if I realised how huge it was for her. I wasn’t trying to do anything in our connection accept be myself. There was no intent that day.

I guess what I’m highlighting is this is just one potentiality of life creating shifts most naturally to open to what is potentiality within all life.

Last edited by JustBe : 30-10-2023 at 12:22 AM.