View Single Post
Old 28-10-2023, 05:02 PM
Master

I think the determinant is twofold; first we have to get out of the way. Spiritual growth is automatic, we can speed it up by humbling our ego and quieting our mind, which is another way of saying “move out of the way.”

The second determinant is adaptability, or the skill to go with the flow and adapt to change. While a spiritual practice can nurture inner quiet and stillness, nonetheless, we will still go through changes. But the realization may dawn on us that we go down into the valley only to climb another mountain of consciousness.

Actually, at least in my opinion, spirit does not grow, so the term spiritual growth is a misnomer. We let go of the finite to experience more of our infinite nature. That infinite nature was there even when we were unconscious of it. The process of awakening involves becoming more of what we already are on a greater level.

If there is growth, it is growing into what is, was, and always shall be. But it is not spirit which grows. Nothing is added. I let go and there it is. Its like saying the sun rose this morning, when actually the sun did not rise rather the earth turned and revealed the sun. Same with spiritual growth in my opinion.