Thread: New Kitten!!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 11:09 AM
Master
Well, I see I hadn't told the news here yet but... Roosje didn't go!!
The day before she was going to be picked up I was in total doubt, heartbroken and talked to my cousin about it who's a bit of a cat expert.
After that I decided Roosje wasn't going anywhere!
I told the people that she would've gone to. The man wasn't happy, but it is what it is.

So far so good. Roosje is doing well, growing fast too! And she's totally used to sleeping upstairs in the front bedroom and me getting her shortly after I've gotten up myself. She never fusses about being in that room, at night she walks in their on her own accord even!

Since about 1,5 I'm taking her outside 1-2x a day on a harness & lead. The lead is 5m so she can have a proper run. Only took her 2-3 times to experience reaching the end of it to just know how far she can run. She usually stops before it yanks.
But it's an expansion of her environment and helps to get rid of a bit of energy. She loves it!

Big reason for going for a harness, which I've never done in my life, is her still being so young. Also that she likely would hassle Nila who's usually chilling in the garden and chasing her off to the extent she wouldn't come back. Had that happen before with another cat.
And Roosje isn't spayed yet, too young for that, but some felines are fertile with 4 months and she now is 4 months old.

She doesn't mind the harness too much. When she sees it she knows we're going outside and she gets totally enthusiastic. No fight in putting it on other than me having to be fast as she gets impatient, haha. But no resisting the harness.