View Single Post
Old 17-08-2023, 03:14 AM
Master

the thing is, if you come to know something is irrevocably true or correct in a way that actually matches the reality of things, you'll never have a reason to let the idea of it go. And you like it so you wanna keep it.

And if you are able to do that in big meaningful ways, it is like collecting furniture to clutter your room with.

And since you will never let any of it go your room gets more and more cluttered...

this has a parallel to life and death as when your room becomes so cluttered you can't move about any more, it is kind like being dead, you literally have no room to make changes to how you look at or relate to life because you know what life 'is' and how to relate to it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
People en masse like to share ideas that are supposedly irrevocably correct, in terms of what is desirable and what is not desirable, and a lot of others buy them either out of their own desire or out of the desire to avoid punishment... we are social creatures after all and wish very much to agree with and be agreeable to the others.

And there is the whole 'confidence' thing we've got going on, people who can seem to be confident that what they are saying is correct even when it seems to observers who align themselves to things like science to be a complete fabrication, are more likely to be accepted by people at large than people without confidence who are nonetheless saying words that seem more aligned to that same science... note that I'm not here saying anything directly about what I think about the 'correctness' of science as we know it, I'm just commenting on what appears to be a fact: that when you have 'a' science the fact of it's ability to seemingly accurately describe things won't win out over complete confidence in things that the 'science' says are ridiculous.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Based on what I said about death you might analyze our behavior even better than I can do here, and take it to mean that some being or beings outside of us might decide that in an objective sense, if we were allowed to collect the kind of furniture that we want and could never lose it, the situation would become untenable and we would all die.

And then what would happen if they somehow valued our life?

But we've chosen vanity in a big way and understanding what is really going on here doesn't feed vanity, so we would like to just pooh-pah such knowledge when it was talked about or at least throw it under the rug while we something more pleasant like figure out how to get what we want some more. And for those that do go further, they run the risk of taking that knowledge itself in a way to mean that it is itself irrevocably correct... so it wouldn't be a good thing for outside entities to try to push such knowledge down. Assuming of course I even know what I'm talking about to begin with lol...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking the situation involved making sure that no matter what we think about our lot it we will never be able to accurately give life a 'correct' name, never be able to know everything irrevocably correct about it, and thus whatever we build can be toppled at some point in the future; our furniture can be removed and our rooms cleaned out and some semblance of life restored. This might happen for example through the agency of someone who is either tired of hearing about it or is mad about having been left out of the games people play. So civilizations rise and fall...

genesis has stuff to say about the true role of good and evil in death early on... this is just an elaboration of thoughts I have had since reading that.
--------------------------------------------------------
personally I have enough faith to see that it is probably true that there is nothing in this reality that is so irrevocably correct that it cannot be successfully opposed by someone with the will to do so...
--------------------------------------------------------
on another topic i also think this chatgpt thingy learned well... not only did it get the facts about a lot of things right, it got the fact that people will sometimes fabricate facts correct enough to itself sometimes fabricate facts, as well it got the idea about being confident in the accuracy of what you are saying no matter how far off base you are until someone goes to a lot of effort to prove you don't know what you are talking about.

it isn't chatgpt that is hallucinating about certain facts, it is humans who are hallucinating about their own relationship to facts. Chatgpt just brought to light our own bad behavior... but... I'm sure all the people that would affect would have a confident 'positive' spin that would say completely the opposite...

sorry for writing a book lol...