View Single Post
Old 16-07-2023, 07:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Have you ever listen to witnesses in a jury trial tell their versions of the 'event' and try to weave it together so as to make sense?

I was reading a bunch of information about this topic using google search and one opinion found was the person who wrote Mark did not believe Jesus was God. Instead, he believed Jesus was the Messiah. Thus why nothing in Mark's gospel proclaims Jesus is God. Mark does not even include the virgin birth in his gospel. The virgin birth story is only in Matthew and Luke's gospels. I think whoever wrote Matthew and Luke did believe Jesus was God as they both have the virgin birth story.

Matthew 1:23 – Behold, the virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son , and they shall name Him Immanuel , which translated means, “God with us .”

It's interesting because Mark did write about 10 miracles Jesus did. So maybe the writer of Mark did view Jesus as the Messiah and a holy chosen man who could channel the powers of God, while not being the supreme being God himself.

Then some say whoever wrote the gospel of John did believe or teach Jesus was God and emphasized it. From the Bible, John's gospel says firmly that Jesus is God and thus also the Creator.

John 1,

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Verse 14, “‘And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us; and we saw His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. (confirming that Jesus the creator is God)

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. ” (Genesis 1:1)

John 10:30 – I and the Father are one.
John 20:28 – Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
and in 1 Corinthians 8:6 – yet for us there is only one God, the Father, from whom are all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Some historians say Mark's gospel was written first. Then Matthew and Luke's gospels were written next with the writers of them having the gospel of Mark in front of them while writing. (I assume the historians based this on some passages in Matthew and Luke being exact copies of what is in Mark.) Then they say John's gospel was written last.