View Single Post
Old 18-06-2023, 09:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
I don't seek any union with God or any other deity, so I am not a mystic.

Therein I think lies the greatest misunderstanding.

A mystic experience is instantly connected to some God figure and St.Francis of Assissi or St.Therese of Avalon for instance. But, all those who report the same tremendous mystic experiences in life - for example - Aldous Huxley, Maurice Bucke, Goethe, Emerson, Alan Watts and many others, never reported any god presence.
The mental attributes or levels of understanding in nature are similar to music, there are many notes, tones, octaves and vibrations which are needed to even access the hidden structures within.

The best way to roughly see how a mystic experience takes place is to think of a whale springing out of the ocean, for a moment - it (the whale) enters a new element - one finer that the normal, but basically of the same stuff.

We humans, animals, plants, and mineral are a tremendous fundament for all sorts of abilities. Our capabilities of invention and adaption know no bounds, these facilities all being immediately connected to the thing we call mind.

Mind is all there is.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.