View Single Post
Old 24-05-2023, 06:33 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
"Born again" can mean to be here now and drop all identification or association with our past or conditioning. Drop identification with our "thinking."

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
Dropping "water" from this which I think is a reference to a religious ritual (baptism), it would read:
Maisy,

I absolutely love both of your posts…..especially your thoughts on ‘thinking’. Your approach is admirable….really seeking to understand scripture and extract deeper meaning.

Don’t be too fast in dropping ‘water’……����. Water has a symbolic meaning in the Bible. Water, symbolically, means truth….but, in that, a special kind of truth, namely “living truth”. “Living” because it makes a man alive in himself….not dead but spiritually alive. See John 4:13-14. And this from Jeremiah 2:13….”My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug cisterns that cannot hold water.”

Anyone that reads ‘cisterns’ literally is missing every implication that is inherent in that one word. I hope this is of some value and interest to you. I look forward to your future postings……..������