Thread: In a Nutshell
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2023, 07:20 PM
Master

Here on social media all we have are words to communicate thoughts and feelings, but I remember what a guru told me many decades ago; he said “don’t get caught in the words I use, just get the gist of what I am trying to say.”

People do latch on to words as though the words they use are the things themselves, when what we call things are not actually those things at all. Language is a symbolic code. The word “what” is a box which we put things in. What is this and what is that, etc.

Words themselves are dualistic, one word can have many different meanings depending on the context. But to convey experience beyond the words we use, convey a presence that supports our expression, that is not about words. “Nutshells” are a summary of how we reduce things in our basic understanding.

Our understanding is what we stand under; it is the umbrella which we use to codify our existence, or anything else. We feel like that umbrella shields us from ignorance, but my perspective keeps changing as I have grown inside and outside, and there is no "nutshell." My umbrella changes, as well as does what I stand under. This is what it means to grow.