View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 01:25 PM
Master
Very good song Anala. Will look more into that artist.
Besides the music itself, one thing I really like about old blues. Is it's history lesson, not the history lessons taught in school, but the way people lived in everyday life, it always wasn't pleasant but it was real. One artist I really like is Robert Johnson, he was a very descriptive song writer. Story has it that when he first started playing the blues he was awful, couldn't play or sing a tune. He disappeared for a while to come back and play again. But now so good at it people believed he sold his soul to the devil. He would also write songs about the devil. He died at the age of 27(the 27 club) if you never hurd of the 27 club I can explain. Before he died he lost 2 wives, 1 to child birth. So that adds to the idea he sold his soul to the devil. He wrote a song that started the "devil music" term. Here's the song believed to start the devil music term. This song could hit a nerve if you're a sensitive person but like I said it brings a person back in time. I feel I should write a whole disclaimer on this one. If you're a sensitive person please just pass on the song, I'll find you a better one. https://youtu.be/YYsnRc09csQ