View Single Post
Old 25-02-2023, 08:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
Can you be a Buddhist and a charistian? and do the deity practices that they have? Like the Bodhisattva Buddha of compassion Chenrezig. He has been described to me that he isn't a God but a Celestial Being.
You can invent whatever religion you want, as long as your practices don't break the laws of the land, and if those laws allow, you can even open a new church.

Now, if you want to be recognized as a member of an established congregation without adhering to its precepts, then you should expect to be rejected. They don't have any obligation to accept you, nor your beliefs.

There are various flavors of Buddhism and of Christianity, but I don't think that they are compatible in any way. Buddhism is basically atheist, while Christianity is theist. But this shouldn't stop you from inventing whatever appeals to you, with the caveats mentioned above.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-02-2023 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Tops, 3 sentences when quoting