View Single Post
Old 25-06-2021, 07:04 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Separation does not exist on it's own. The individual whom does the separation mentally is the one that exists, thinks and believes, thus creates the separation or brings the separation into existence.
Separation is in your consciousness so it exists, otherwise you would be conscious of it. You think and believe but you are less of the thinker and the believer than you think you are, and if there is no separation what are the reasons you don't know what I had for breakfast?

The concept of separation is no different to every other concept we have created - including the concept of being Spiritual if we hold it. What separates separation from the other concepts we defend? I'm not all that interested in whether it exists or not because we can't be conscious of what doesn't exist. If we are Atman and therefore Brahman then separation is of Brahman or we're just contradicting ourselves.

You use the word 'individual' yet you're saying there is no separation?

Quote:
Unconscious conditioning/programming does happen all the time, but one can prevent it from happening to begin with, by being conscious and aware of his/her thoughts and beleifs.

If you prevented your unconscious conditioning your bodily functions, including the beating of your heart and your breathing, would shut down. As you read these very words your conditioning is hard at work processing them.

Thinking that you are no longer a slave to your unconscious conditioning is conditioning itself and your ego seeking the status of complete autonomy. You can't stop it but you can be more aware of what is being processed - garbage in, garbage out.

Quote:
What effects and causes a person's perception? Thoughts and beliefs effects and causes the perceptions one has.. Time is a belief and thoughts about time, like every other thoughts and beliefs.
In part yes, but those thoughts and beliefs are created by the unconscious programming. Your sense of 'I am', whatever that may be, is also caused by the unconscious programming.