Thread: Vishnu
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 08:31 PM
May I tell a story, probably filled with mistakes that I hope will be corrected - bec I can not remember if this was Lord Ram with Narada - but let's`pretend now it was them.

They are on horse back and Lord Ram asks for some water.
So Narada goes to fetch some for his Lord. While at the well, Narada meets a lovely woman. They talk. She invites him to dinner.
Narada is smitten for she is a beauty and she in turn falls madly in love with such a strong handsome, young man. She introduces Narada to her parents and they welcome him openly. In a short time they are so in love that they marry - they are given some land by her parents and they build a home and gardens and begin to acquire animals.

Soon they have their first child and and another and another - they are so in love and happy and the children are beautiful and lovely.
When one day there is some rain and it continues and continues.
Soon the banks of the river are overflowing - all the country side is being flooded.
But this is no ordinary flood for the water is rising and livestock are being swept away. Before long, Narada can not save his home and his farmland, as debris is passing him the water becomes faster and faster -.

He is clinging to his wife almost being swept away. He puts one child on his shoulders as he hangs onto his wife with the other two.
But, the current is too strong his hand slips and his wife is swept away screaming for the children that have gone below the surface.
As he is searching for her now in the darkness he loses his hold on the third child and now all are swept away to their death.

In the morning - a mile from his home surrounded by debris of all kinds and exhausted and distraught, having lost his entire family and his home...up
rides Lord Ram and says, "Where is my water?"

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru