View Single Post
Old 13-04-2021, 12:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The 'transformation of poisons' mimics the scriptures added at the end of the Gospel of Mark which talks about drinking poison as an identifying mark of a Christian.

I noted that your quote did not include my entire comment but instead merely quoted the point with which I explicitly disagreed. Below is my complete post.

Having said that, your scriptural reference is interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I went to some Tibetan Buddhist meetings in NYC where tantric practices were discussed and it is quite different in the depths from what is presented in that article.

The description of Tantric in that article would not appeal to me at all personally. On the one hand, I can see how it could be used to transcend but the danger is that it could also be a way of justifying indulgence. I won't judge, but I personally would not be drawn to such gatherings. ("Since the practice of Tantra focuses on the transformation of poisons into wisdom, the yogic circles came together in tantric feasts, often in sacred sites (pitha) and places (ksetra) which included dancing, singing, consort practices and the ingestion of taboo substances like alcohol, urine, and meat.")