View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I'm honestly wondering, this isn't to argue against your beliefs.

If there were "oneness", then how could anything be separate?

How could a part of "oneness" perceive itself to be separate? That means, at least, that that part's awareness isn't part of the "oneness", doesn't it? So it would negate the concept of "oneness".

I assume you mean "oneness" as in "everything is one", and not as in this oneness, that oneness, the oneness over there, ...

If you affirm that there is an ego, and there is a true-Self, then you don't have "oneness" anymore, because you talk about two different entities, don't you?
You missed my point of self and Self are one and the same. The only difference is a peson's True Self's perception/awareness. The true Self only exists, the separation itself is the ego, and the separating that the ego does is an illusion.

You think I said there is an ego, and there is a true Self. I said the ego is the Self-meaning the true Self thinks it is separate/does not know it is not separate from oneness/the eternal and infinite right here and right now.

The ego, which is the true-Self thinks he/she is separate is also oneness/the eternal and infinite right here and right now.

Consciousness and awareness are an individual but not separate "things". There would be no point for us (our (true) Self) to be conscious and aware, if oneness/the eternal and infinite right here and right now was or is already conscious and aware of itself.

We humans and other animals and plants are conscious and aware, so oneness/the eternal and infinite right here and right now is conscious and aware of itself physically existing/living inside itself.

Many non-dualitists spiritual people mistakingly believe that the non-duality concept is about the physical is against the non-physical ( it's the same old judgment/belief of good vs evil/positive vs negative, wearing a different mask), when in actuality the physical exists in the non-physical, which makes the physical and the non-physical existences, the one and the same.