View Single Post
Old 20-11-2020, 11:33 PM
irisa

was totally blind for about 5-years, and went through more than a dozen surgeries to regain my eyesight. Interesting how my optic nerve was good, but I could not see because of damage to my eyeball structure, which was repaired.

That must have been a tough experience? Reading about this it almost feels like this was something that had to happen...not in a carmic way or something like that...but like your body/mind ´just´ needed to adjust to your spirit...after all you learned from what you experienced... Hm, it might sound strange what i write here...

Interesting what you write about what you teached the entry level counselors. How to deal with the stressfull job. I think this is something where here in holland nursing schools lack.

Unfortunedly i couldn´t continu working in the ICU, because suddenly my body started acting weird. While writing this it makes me think of what i just wrote about you having been blind for 5 years. Being it sort of a time of adjustment. I have a job in an elderly home again...working on quality in nursing. It´s okay for the moment, but in this COVID time it can be quite confronting to know that i cannot go back to the ICU and be of any help. The last few years sometimes feel like i am sort of dead (not depressed or so)....like i have to find out who i am without a person in need for care.

I really have been living through my work...it always was all or nothing...

Sorry, this is becoming somewhat off-topic...