View Single Post
Old 30-09-2020, 07:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjhan
There's another term for them, but the filtering software might star it out

Only two come to mind, though I do still experiment and learn others.

Gin & Tonic
I love this one, and I'm not British! :
Actually, up until a few years ago, I'd never had gin, even though I'm almost sixty. The reason for that is listening to everyone who ever told me what horrible experience they had because of gin, and I believed them. Well, they had horrible experiences, and I didn't. So, now gin is one of my favorite mixing alcohols.

Margarita
This is a classic and probably the one mixed drink I've had most of my legal-drinking life. If you have Mexican food (or TexMex) it's kind of a given that you're going to have a margarita too. Not necessarily always, but it's the perfect mixer for that cuisine, other than Mexican beer.

So, as this is the Lounge what's everyone else's favorite mixed drinks to imbibe?

I also enjoy G&T but like Budweiser beer at Walmart prices! Sorry that's not a mix so what about bitter-shandy? That should count! Amaretto and 7 Up work pretty well too, much more Amaretto than the other, though.

Margarita doesn't work for me but my wife enjoys it and we usually keep a bottle in our fridge when we're in AZ - again Walmart does the biz!