View Single Post
Old 24-09-2020, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Some philosophy teacher at a community college told our class that. I'll google it as I have no idea. I'm still confused about BCE BC AD and all of that lol.

Ok that didn't help.

What? So Buddha's birth day is based on Christ's birth day??? Why? Time starts at zero when Jesus was born? So there is before christ time and after christ time? What about the parts of the world that don't believe in Christ at all... what is time there.... what year is it there?

So is this year basically 2020 A.D.?

Time is not very precise eh.... but then what year it is would be made up anyway.....why not start with the big bang? Well because then we would have to list todays date as 13 billion, 8 million, 147,895.... or something like that.

Ok back to how long ago Buddha lived....

I'll just make a guess based on the above which I'm still iffy about if I understand it or not....

So it is now 2020, Jesus was born in the year 1, when the monk started counting years, Buddha was born around 500 years before Jesus so Buddha would have been born around 2520 years ago if I did that right. Yea you get what you pay for in community college.

Don't complicate your life

They both lived, both died and both left beautiful Teachings , that's all we need to know, me anyway....