View Single Post
Old 16-09-2020, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well now, you have gone and blown everything up even more. Ketzer had just expanded himself to encompass a network of all that precedes him and all that will follow, yet he was still only within one four dimensional spacetime continuum. You have gone and pushed him into the fifth dimension and possibly the sixth, making him into a network of networks, a continuum of continuums. He is all of these things at once, and yet still only a tiny pin prick of light shining into a vast darkness wondering what he could see if he could see as all that he is.

I don’t know if any one of those other Ketzers in the Ketzer networks could give this one the answer to that question, but perhaps the simple knowledge of their existence can. I am both the drop and the ocean. Yet perhaps the drop cannot know what it is to be an ocean, nor can the ocean know what it is to be a drop. Of course this is only the perspective of one Ketzer who is currently being a drop. Were I being an ocean, could I also simultaneously know what it is to be the drop, I cannot say with certainty. From this perspective, all I know is that the drop cannot see things as an ocean, if it wishes to see things as the drop.

The flow of events that leads to me, that flows within and through me now, continues on beyond me. I can define myself as one particular channel in that braided stream but I can also envision myself as that eternally flowing river of events. From that perspective, perhaps no man can ever step in the same river twice because he is that river, and never really steps out of it.

Of course rivers eventually flow to the ocean, where the river goes once it reaches the ocean, and when it stops being a river and just becomes part of the ocean, is hard to say. I expect if one were to ask the river and then ask the ocean, one would get rather different answers. Perhaps from the perspective of an ocean, it never stopped being an ocean, it just changed a part of itself into drops and rained them down upon the land, allowing for life to exist there for a time, before those drops gathered back together into a river and flowed back to their source. Form its point of view, it was all always the ocean.

Ketzer, you are right! Not only can you be both, you ARE both!

Here's what helped me correctly appreciate what you said: (from the reference, below). And yes you've seen this one before.

"Physiological reality, take me literally... is a mirror, it is just a more complex mirror, a holographic mirror... a multi-dimensional mirror, so that you don't always recognize all the reflections as you, but believe me... they are... .all the reflections are you, and I mean literally every object, person, place and thing, every situation... every circumstance, every moment of time and space is you being reflected back to yourself, from the particular point of view you chose to express at that particular moment. The idea therefore, is to understand, that what you will always discover, will simply be All That Is expressing itself through the unique portion of All That Is you were created to be. Remember the Second Law: "The One is All, the All are One". Every component of the All That Is, all of you... all of us, every individuated being... every individuated concept, is the whole expressing itself as a part. Important point... I'll rewind that and repeat it, because we understand that you have been trained to think segregationally, sometimes individuals on your planet may miss the point, all of you are, yes... a part of the whole, but as a part of the whole, you are the Whole expressing Itself as "a part of the whole". Big difference than just thinking of yourself as a part of the whole without the other side. You have to understand yourself holographically, it is this and that... not this or that. So, you are the part... you are the whole, you are both one and the same, but expressing the whole as a part."

....which also supports one of the most profound expressions I've ever read on SF; the last line in Miss Hepburn's signature message by Lahiri Mahasaya:

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

It just occurred to me that an "other" version of Heraclitus probably never learned how dance "steps" work...together!

Reference: https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...81&postcount=1
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)